Thursday, March 29, 2007

No-Show

Well, I guess this is as close as I'll get to shaking hands with Mitt Romney today. I was hired as the photographer for the presidential candidate's fundraising event that was to be held in Greenville this morning, however, Mr. Romney's plane had mechanical problems, so he never made it to the event. Their prompt payment for services was waiting for me at my door when I arrived home though, so I didn't walk away totally "empty handed". Get it...empty handed? (see photo above) Ha, Ha! ;-)

It would've been nice to have added this to some of my other political experiences like photographing President Bush a few years ago, but maybe another opportunity will arise...we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this picture and read your post . . . "empty handed" . . . you silly girl!

Wow! I'm impressed (but not really surprised) that you were hired to take the photographs. That's a neat honor. Too bad it didn't pan out!

Have a great weekend!

Pam said...

That is really neat. President Bush is at the top my list of people I would like to meet. Some day when you are hired as Official White House Photographer, I can say I knew you when!