Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I woke up this morning to my daughter telling me not to get out of bed until she had everything ready for me. After laying in bed for what felt like at least a half hour, I was allowed to get up and come to the kitchen where I was greeted with a cheerful "Happy Mother's Day!" and I was ushered to the table where there was a homemade card and a chocolate glazed doughnut sitting on a little plate for my Mother's Day breakfast. It must be the perfectionism that she gets from me that takes her that long to put a doughnut on a plate, but it's the little things like this that mean more than anything to me. I wanted to share 4 generations of photos that I framed for my mom a few years ago. This was the last Mother's Day gift that I was able to give to her. These are 3 generations of mothers taken around the same age as Elaina was at that time.

My Grandmother at Age 3 (taken in 1905):My Mom at Age 6 (taken in 1945):
Me at Age 4 (taken in 1978): Elaina at Age 3 (taken in 2003):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was sooooo sweet. thats why she is my sweet Princess.lil boy looks like he's gonna have U'R easy to tan skin. Great pictures thanks for sharing. I MISS you guyz!